SIAS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools)From 2013 SIAS has changed title to SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools)
The Manchester Diocese supported the OfSTED findings of June 2012 with their inspection of the school’s Church of England status. It concluded:
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Crompton House as a Church of England school are outstanding.
The strengths of the school are:
- The Christian ethos and outstanding quality of relationships, within which all feel valued and benefit from high standards of care, support and guidance.
- The contribution of worship to pupils’ spiritual development.
- The religious education (RE) department which achieves outstanding academic results and has a very positive influence on pupils’ learning, development and behaviour.
- The reflective, astute, consultative and proactive leadership of the headteacher, ably supported by senior colleagues, which is giving clarity for the next stage of the school’s development
- Students speak of a high level of “trust and mutual respect”, of feeling very safe, secure, “nurtured and cared for in a Christian community,” and of “being linked together in one massive family.